In the present day, there are many varieties of gold engagement rings available. Rose Gold engagement ring is one among them. Usually, metal alloys are mixed with gold to have different colors. This is because pure gold is very soft and cannot be used directly to make jewelry. Rose gold, yellow gold, and white gold are the three colored gold used in jewelry making.
Over the years, rose gold has become the popular choice of many in the industry. It is the alloy of gold and copper. The red and pink gold also comes under the rose gold category. The redness of the ring is because of the abundance of copper in the mix.
The rose gold emerald cut engagement rings are very famous these days. This gives a special appearance to the bride-to-be. Also, there are other diamond cuts, which use the rose gold element like the oval cut, princess cut, and the round cut. The rose gold rings look stunning when these stones are fixed on them.
The fact that every jewelry piece has its pros and cons is true. Even the rose gold engagement rings have their pros and cons.
Pros of Rose Gold Engagement Rings
- The durability of the rose gold is much more than white or yellow gold.
- These rings are affordable compared to many other engagement rings.
- The ring has a vintage appeal along with a romantic allure because of its rose color.
- Unlike the white gold, the rose gold does not require a rhodium plate.
- They go well with all kinds of skin types and colors.
Cons of Rose Gold Engagement Rings
- They are hyper allergenic, which means, they can cause allergies in some people because of the presence of copper in it.
- They are rarer than the white and yellow gold rings.
Other Things to Know about the Rose Gold Rings
The higher carat ring will have a greater quantity of gold in it and this will give a lighter shade to it. An 18k rose gold ring is an example of this. On the contrary, a lower karat ring like a 14k rose gold ring will have more amount of copper in the alloy and hence will look more reddish.
In some cases, there will be silver, palladium, or zinc used in the alloy along with gold and copper. You must enquire about this, in case you are allergic to any of these metals.
The rose gold engagement rings are trending now and it will be in your best interest to go for one of your choices.